28 August 2016

Pickman's Model - finished


Pickman's Model from Vincent-louis Apruzzese on Vimeo.

This went faster, much faster than Music of Erich Zann (which took 5 years to get done) but I think I managed to improve in several areas. The characters talk, there is depth of field in the shots and I think I boiled the story down to its essential elements. My voice is terrible, of course, but what can you do?

Problems still abound. The character modelling is not much more advanced than the last film, the rigging is better but still not where I think it should be. Texturing of the sets is fine but I am looking into a way to hand paint characters and objects with a software outside of Maxon's C4D Bodypaint which I have yet to get to work right.

Always so much to learn and improve!

2 comments:

T' said...

The important thing is that you're still making things and learning from the process. I think this one shows a lot of improvement over the last, and the next will do the same. Again, I think these will make a neat sort of portfolio of horror shorts. Keep making them!

Behemoth media said...

I am actually getting feedback on my C4d site with this one when no one even looked at the last one. And it's pretty good overall with useful suggestions on improvements for the next project. It's also getting views on Vimeo,,. several a day so that's a plus. My mom said she didn't understand the story... not sure what to think of that!