13 October 2012

embrace


I am often treated to all sort of behavior outside my office window. It ranges from funny to disturbing and can be outright frightening. If I think about it fast enough I can take out the camera and capture what's going on.. sometimes to send to the police if I have or in this case because I think it might make an interesting photo or drawing. The couple was not nearly as romantic as the drawing suggests... I don't dare tell you where the hands were among other things.

4 comments:

T' said...

Before I say anything else, is this analog or digital?

Vincent-louis Apruzzese said...

this sis digital, but uses strictly pen and ink techniques on the figures. The backdrop is getting closer to the grey chalk effect i used to do on paper drawings... but not quite there yet.

T' said...

I will say that I like the linework parts better than I like the parts that look 'chalky.' To me, those parts look distinctly digital, almost like a spray can or something. The lines feel singularly applied and the chalky part feels 'sprayed,' if that makes any sense. And I love your pen work, so there!

Vincent-louis Apruzzese said...

I can't disagree with the critique of the background... I've yet to find a way to get that chalk effect. Sketchbook pro might have a way but since I can't rotate the canvas it's not worth doing on a large scale drawing really. I might be able to do better with a smudge technique... still working on it!