05 September 2017

Recent photography work


I was recently in Colorado taking photos and the photo above shows the massive difference working in RAW can have on a final photo. The amount of detail that was extracted turned a nothing, dark boring image into something much more interesting.


One of the feature in Affinity Photo is the de-hazing filter and it's pretty amazing. Since I was running around taking photos of distant vistas, haze can be an asset but also a problem. This show the difference that filter can make. There is a lot of control over the strength  and look of it so it's up to you as to how much or little haze you want to get rid of.


I was also, with my brother's advice, able to finally crack the problems I was having with night shots. I was WAY overthinking what I needed to do and he had a simple solution for my most vexing problem - focusing at infinity and keeping it there when you can't see a thing because... well, because it's dark outside.

2 comments:

T' said...

Pretty amazing results all around! I really like the night photo a lot. So beautiful! And it's nice to see there's some good filters in AP. Might have to think about getting that soon. If only my PS brushes would work in it...

Behemoth media said...

I started doing some colour work in AP recently and it's fine but doesn't have anywhere close the variety of that brush set you have. I loaded all my .abr brushes but the others can't be imported at all... maybe someday.