07 August 2024

Illustration: Street Acrobat on Saint Catherine MTL


I didn't get many reference photos this year from Montreal Complement Cirque, there wasn't a free show at the park near me and I didn't see many of the acts on St Denis. I did catch this guy near my house, the business group here in the village has been doing small shows up and down Saint Catherine most days and I happened to walk by while I had my camera with me. 

I decided to use Affinity Photo and do my old paint in greyscale then colourize technique. I like the look of it. I might do one more of him, maybe pen and ink maybe digital water colour which I have been playing with but not getting anywhere. 

2 comments:

T' said...

I have to admit, I have a really hard time parsing the side that is closest to the viewer. His arm and hand, because there's not so many details dividing them meld into one area, his hand seeming a part of his face. I think the pose is cool and your work is always good, but I can't make visual sense of some of him.

Behemoth media said...

The hand is a problem, I couldn't find a good way to make it stand it out. I might come back to this and see if I have more ideas. At full size it's not so bad but no one will likely see this full size unless I print it!