30 June 2021

A second self portrait - sort-of


 I recently updated the design and re-arranged the stories in my first book of short stories. I cut one and added a new one and also added illustrations for those that didn't have them the first time out. The story "The Face in the Glass" was a head scratcher in terms of what sort of image to make and I ultimately deiced something "punk-ish" might be good. Originally I was going to do a mohawk only from the side. I decided instead to really simply and stylize a photo of me from the 80s. So not sure it counts as a real self portrait or not. I wasn't really going for resemblance as much as I was going for a certain look - much like I was going for for myself in that era! It would have been cool to colour the make-up but the book is printed in black & white so greyscale had to suffice. 

The book is for sale on Amazon as a printed book and a Kindle book.

The new price is 5.99$ (CAD) and the print version should be updated in the next few days, but the Kindle version is ready now. 

2 comments:

T' said...

I think the likeness is there but it's subtle. Then again, you had many different looks back then, didn't you! It almost feels as if you're making these images with symbols instead of strokes, which is very cool. Simple is hard and you're making it sing. Well done!

Behemoth media said...

That bus really kind to say. I had not thought of it but I guess I am using very symbol like strokes. I had so many looks over those years, I died my hair three times in one day once. I had no idea what I looked like from on moment to the next!