16 December 2021

Photos from Boston area visit

 I recently had to visit Boston, no easy task with the covid testing and restrictions. Getting around to anyplace was a nightmare but after getting there, it was super nice to see family and friends. I finally got to take out the camera and really takes some photos. Being stuck here on the island for a couple years sort of limited my subject matter. Another aspect of this trip was to not bring a laptop but only use my iPad pro which has a terabyte of space and with Affinity photo installed, should be enough to process most of the photos I take while away. This was pretty efficient and made travelling pretty easy. I did miss some plugins I use often but there is no reason I can't just take the iPad with me from now on. Once Affinity gets a tablet version of Publisher released, I should be able to do pretty much everything but 3D works it. I am used (spoiled) by my 27 inch screen but the tablet screen was, honestly, more than good enough while running around from place to place. 

Click images to see them larger.

Provincetown.

I never get tired of this place and the beach, dunes and town are always changing enough to keep my camera lens trained on it. I was super lucky to be there when a boat got beached in nearby Turo. 





Boston

Boston has changed so much since i lived there that it is now an unfamiliar place to me. I got lost a couple timesaver got my bearings back. I took new photos of places I had photographed 40 years previously, with limited success. I also spent some time in Quincy Quarry with a friend and that was interesting.





Newburyport

I have been here before and it's really lovely to walk on the wood pathways to the beach. I have only been in wintry times so the place is always pretty much deserted, my favourite way to visit anyplace! 






2 comments:

T' said...

Those are pretty stunning, Vince! Especially the boat and the tree with what looks like white leaves. You always have a good eye and these are proof. Looks like you had a good trip. I never post photos myself on my blog, but perhaps some of the ones I took from Hawaii are worth doing. Really lovely work, Vince. Thanks for posting them.

Behemoth media said...

I would look at your Hawaii photos! I think of the photos are part of my work and art so they can go on the blog as one as I think they are in those categories. I posted when my friend Paul died as he was the subject of my full-length doc and another artist and when Nomi died I posted that because he inspired everything I do. In other words, I am not sure what the line is on what I post!