21 January 2022

Illustration: Danseur Montréal Complément Cirque


 I isolated a dancer in a group from an old cirque presentation because, while the photo was pretty middle of the road, I thought that isolating a single figure would bring out the drama I saw on stage better. 

I used the New Krita 5.02 and was I happy with the update! Saving a project always took far too long and now it's rapid and doesn't slow down my work. While Procreate has been great on the iPad I missed the brushes in Krita and this took full advantage of them. I was able to mimic the pattern on the dress very closely - even the sparkly bits.

The dancer was male but the costumes were unisex robes with everyone wearing the same makeup so it it had a very androgynous feel to the dance number. I hope this gives that same feeling. I used to dread doing cloth when I started drawing and now it's something I seek out doing more of. 

2 comments:

T' said...

I can totally see why you isolated this fugue. Very dramatic! Red is always an eye catching color, too. Interestingly done!

Behemoth media said...

When I saw the show I wasn't that interested in this part of it. Only after being desperate for references that I went back to the photos from the show and thought I could make something interesting out of it and I think I did!

thanks Wig!