11 July 2022

Illustration: Birdhouse, Möbius Meadows Farmstead


 A rare occasion where I was excited seeing this come along. I am really happy with the painting technique I used and the realism of it. its not a complicated subject which is maybe why I think it worked out so well. 

I painted this in Krita and it really reminded  me why I love to use the program. I blocked out all the colours first on different layers and then added painted details little by little to get the aged wood effect with different colours.






4 comments:

T' said...

Wow, this is a stunner. Really really good and close observation here! The texture is pretty amazing but that reflected light on the left side of the birdhouse is both subtle and stunning. Really nicely done! Every once in awhile, I do a painting, usually digital, that's done entirely with observation, looking to make a solid representation and I'm reminded how much work it is! You make it look easy. Very nicely made, Vince.

Behemoth media said...

Awwww. You are too kind. I have been trying to get my colour work to a certain level and this is pretty much it. Not photographic but realistic. It helps I have looked at this thing for 11 years or so now. I had a clear plan on how I thought I should do this and it actually worked! I have been listening a "great Courses" course on writing fiction to help me with my current short stories which have taken a back seat to everything else.So that is the next area I want to improve.

T' said...

So I have to ask; why haven't you been posting your recent illustrations here?

Behemoth media said...

A lot of the stuff I post on iInstagram are old, some were posted here but LoNg ago. A couple of other newer stuff I am not sure i like enough or I think are too repetitive nothings I have already posted. Recently I haven't had my head on too straight and just forget in the fog of dealing with 2 parents with dementia and all that goes with that... like the bus trips to Boston.travelling can disorient me and I have had to travel a lot these days!