06 September 2022

Illustration: Commercial Union Assurance - Montreal

 


Another architectural drawing, this time a view of a street on the way to where a couple of good friends live. I wanted shading, unlike the last time when it just line work. It was the end of the day and I really liked the shadows and light on the buildings so I worked it into the line drawing with greys. 

It took awhile to draw this but it's not as precise as it looks are first. The farthest buildings pretty sloppy in fact, but it's more natural looking  that way. I also took out a TON of details I though were in the way like street signs and traffic lights. I think this part of my itch to do more "full" drawings and not isolated people or objects. 

2 comments:

T' said...

I really like the mix of precise and imprecise. It works well, keeps some organic feel but also really represents the linear-ness of the buildings. Nice mix of shadow and light, too!

Behemoth media said...

I almost added some colour to this. The light was so amazing at the time I took the reference. There was a golden light on the bright side of the buildings and the rest was in shadow. Maybe on another project I will try that.