15 October 2023

Photography: Mont Sutton Québec


 We decided on a day trip to Mont Sutton to leaf peek on a Friday morning recently. When we got there is was cloudy and the clouds were obscuring most of the mountain. Nevertheless, we walked up the mountain on the ski trails with the pup. The path was covered with leaves and mud and VERY slippery. Honesty, if it had rained we would have be trapped on the mountain. We made it to the top and saw... nothing - you couldn't see anything but fog. I was taking photos along the way up and down and figured I might get a couple of interesting shots I would want to keep. In the end I had a good 70 finished shots! I am very happy with a good number of them as they certainly fall right into my "mysterious/creepy" aesthetic. One thing I did different was to "denoise" the images to take out the grain. Normally foggy shots have a lot of grain and I think over the years that has become the way we process these sort of shots. I realized in real life the dog made things much smoother looking, not grainy and I am very happy with these results! 









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful but spooky. Poetically scary.

Behemoth media said...

Thank you! Merci!

T' said...

I think you were luckier with it being foggy, honestly. These are really nicely creepy and lonely. They feel like a European 60s film instead of something contemporary. Well done!

Behemoth media said...

I don't want to build an entire film over an image instead of story but I hope I can use these as inspiration for something animated soon!