17 April 2024

Animation project- Main Crypt

 


I based this crypt on one I LOVE from the North Dorchester burying ground in Boston. I had to learn sweep nurbs in blender which involves making a profile and "sweeping" it along another shape, in this case a rectangle then adding details on top. I used a plugin that damaged things and another to add a grunge texture to complete the worn/aging effect. This will be the main focus in a couple important shots so it has a lot more detail than anything else in the cemetery will have.

2 comments:

T' said...

Wow, that looks really neat! Amazing detail! Looks like you've set yourself up for more work than even usual! Let me know when you want to record the narration.

Behemoth media said...

I am working on making sure the script is ready, I think it is. I think learning the new software is making me try more things and not take shortcuts I was used to before. I just made tombstones etc for the next set, don't worry there is one for you! I also took epitaphs from the cemetery this was inspired by and put them on my tombstones.