01 May 2024

Animation Project: Interior start with character.



 Further along. The interior structure I thought would be a breeze. I would simply use the manor model and delete everything I didn't need. Turned out to be a nightmare and I wasted a couple days. Instead I made a trace of the floor plan in an EPS file and converted it to a mesh and just extruded upwards to make the walls. Lesson learned. 

I am now adding the furniture and textures. There will a lot of books and weird paraphernalia like full animal and human bones on display. The characters live in a secluded manor so no one gets wind of their "collection". 

The animation will be in black and white but I thought the colour rendering might be interesting to show as well. 


2 comments:

T' said...

From this distance, he almost looks like me! I do like the color, but the black and white 'reads' better in a way. I'm looking forward to seeing all the added details. Is there going to be a rug, or am I just asking for trouble?

Behemoth media said...

The rug is a question right now! I added some details on either side of the entrance, skeleton displays, on one side a human the other an anteater because they look weird. There will be books all over and that is the problem, the polygon count is getting high and that means long render time for each frame. It is always a struggle between detail and realistically being able to animate something. I think the black and white will look good and I will use the formula I made for the last film so they can look similar. I made a template in Apple Motion with all the filters etc built in so I just have to import the video and it is automatically black and white.