14 May 2024

Animation Project: First animation attempt

 


This was a lot of work and a lot of learning new stuff in Blender. It took about 2 hours to render out. I am sure I will find easier ways to move the characters. In C4D I could save a series of position like open hand, pointing finger etc and morph between them to save having to move every bone one at a time. I think I might be able to still do that. I didn't plan this out except in my head, I just ball parked the timing. I am pretty good at timing in my head and that seems to have transferred to Blender. 

I am pretty sure it will ultimately be in black and white but though looking at both at first was a good idea. MY goal is to finish this over the summer and now that looks possible. Still much to learn and a few more things to make. 

3 comments:

T' said...

Interesting start. It's hard to judge at this point because we don't know what's going on, but things seemed fluid. We have to set up time to record. I will check my schedule and let you know upcoming free time. Just got back from a trip, so probably not this week. Seems like you've learned a lot already!

Behemoth media said...

Next week is the magazine job so maybe after the 27th? No matter when it happens, the damn magazine job gets in the way of something I would much rather be doing!

T' said...

No problem at all!