26 December 2021

Illustration: Nautilus septembre 21 2021

 


Krita gave me a nice surprise with the final update to version 5 coming out right at Christmas. I haven't been sleeping so I had more time than normal to try it out with a painting of my dog Nautilus. It is a different style than I am used to. My first idea was to block out the shapes and colours then go over them with brush strokes to detail the fur but I started tried some thicker strokes and I sort of liked the effect and went with it. I used black, white and dark blue/grey for the fur and did very little blending. Kind of a bold colour palette.  So one more done before the year ends.

2 comments:

T' said...

LOTS of detail in this one! All that fur. Sorry to hear you're not sleeping. Still, you got a nice portrait of Naughty out! Amazing how effective plain backgrounds can be sometimes! :D Happy New Year, Vince!

Behemoth media said...

Happy new year mike.. wig…. Bumpy’s dad…. Did I forget any? Lol
Might be my graphic design background but I do love clean simple backgrounds.