28 September 2022

Illustration: linge: Möbius Meadows


 This was done as challenge. I used Sketchbook with only 2 paint brushes and one dry brush. The paint brushes act like real ones for the most part and it felt a little like oil painting. I painted each laundry item on a separate layer to avoid confusion but i merged them together when I was I done. Not having to worry about only have 4 layers on the iPad anymore was very freeing. Despite using the app for a decade I have never tried colour in it for some reason. 

I did a sketch and took reference photos at Möbius Meadows Farmstead in the spring. The laundry was strung up in the glassed in porch which gets really hot, even in winter so they dry quickly and I thought it might be interesting to paint it. My friend who owns the farm really liked it and said I turned his laundry in art! His name is Art as well so that always sounds confusing to me. 

Click for a larger image to see more detail. 

2 comments:

T' said...

That must have taken a lot of time! Tons of observation, too. I bet it was the underwear that kept your attention most! Just kidding. Really interesting exercise and well worth it.

Vincent-louis Apruzzese said...

Once I started it went very quickly, only about 8 hours of work in the end. One thing I missed was how luminous the laundry looked. The light was bouncing all around as the porch has windows on three sides and the roof but it was shining through some of the clothing and I didn't capture that.