12 December 2022

Illustration: Alexandre de Sève et Saint Catherine

 


This took about 2 months to draw. Not because it was super complicated, it does have  fair amount of detail but it was more finding the time to work on in without being interrupted constantly. I need space to draw or write or animated and when there are constant interruptions I just can't do any of those things at all. 

It's not an exciting subject, I know. I like the details on the building and I walk past it pretty much every day. It contains the studio spaces for the community cable TV shows which, here in Montreal, are pretty good and given decent resources. When I lived in the States, local cable shows were  often just anyone who walked into the station and wanted to "make a show" and I mean ANYBODY could do it. They didn't  curate them at all or have any standards it seemed. There were open racists shows, mediums, talk shows... you name it. 

2 comments:

T' said...

Man, I can totally see how this would take as long as it did! All those little lines and details. A drawing that makes a really mundane subject interesting. It's certainly one that would make people ask why you chose to draw it at all. That you found beauty in it is pretty cool. Nicely done, Vince!

Behemoth media said...

I think finding the beauty/interest in the things I see all the time is sort of theme recently. I did that vector drawing of the bay window around the block and this was an extension of that I think. The 2 months was much more not having 2 minutes to put together to draw a couple lines than how complex it was. Even sitting at the hospital or with my dad when I am back in Boston I didn’t have time to work on anything. Frustrating! I like how the windows came out, I wasn’t sure about the grey tone shading but I think it works.